Report Child Abuse
You don’t have to have proof or evidence that abuse is happening to make a report. If you suspect, please act. Hotline screeners are trained to help you through the process.
If a child discloses abuse or neglect:
- Try to not react emotionally, be patient, and do not ask a lot of questions or press for details. Overreacting may upset or frighten the child or prevent them from sharing their story.
- Don’t place blame or make judgments about the child, parent, or situation. Believe the child who reports abuse. It is rare for a child to lie about abuse.
- Tell the child you believe them, it’s not their fault, and emphasize that you are glad they told you.
Report abuse and concerning injuries immediately to one of these agencies:
- Call 911 – Law enforcement
- Call (855) 503.SAFE (7238) – Oregon Statewide Abuse Reporting Hotline